Thursday, June 19, 2014

Walking in Repentance

Who Can I Run To?

2 Timothy 2:24-26
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.


Righteous and Loving God, 

Thank you for opening my eyes and heart, showing me the error of my ways. For so many years I walked in the thick of sin while serving your saints and ministering to the needy because your Glory shined bright out of me. 

I believed your resurrection powers changed others, but I didn't believe I was worthy of being changed. I didn't want to give you the dark, lustful, perverse, and wicked parts of me through your righteous servants. But today I receive that I am free, I have received my change. 

Lord, as a praying parent and community leader, I shall be patient, approachable, friendly, and easy to talk; Creating a safe and friendly atmosphere for my children (say name of child) and other children to learn from my godly wisdom. Demonstrating forgiveness because God forgave me for my unrighteousness. Practicing understanding because God understood me in the midst of my struggle. 

Father, I pray that you draw my children and the children of this Nation with lovingkindness. I pray they feel comfortable opening up to you. I pray the struggles of life lead them towards godly sorrow which produces repentance and salvation. 

Today, we your people called by your name, humble ourselves and pray, we confess our sins in your presence, Forgiving Father. Today we turn from our wicked ways. Please hear from heaven, forgive our sin, and heal our land. Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

I beseech thee O Lord that my children and the children of this Nation walk in a state of perpetual repentance. For we all fall short of the Glory of God and righteousness is not perfection but a perfect heart towards God. I decree and declare they shall pick up their cross daily and confess their mistakes before you Lord. 

Lord I bless you for my child’s perfect heart towards you. You are the only Righteous Judge of a man’s heart.  Purify them towards perfection. Thank you for freeing them from the unexpected traps and and seductions of sin. Thank you for their demonstration of repentance in the earth. 

In Jesus Name I Pray…

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment