Friday, June 13, 2014

Strength on Difficult Days


We’ve All Been There

Psalm 29:11
The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

Psalm 119:28
My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.


Lord, 

Your faithfulness and compassion towards your children far exceeds my expectations and is greater than I can imagine. I am glad that you exist on a substantially more significant level than me. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, Lord your ways are higher than my ways, and your thoughts more matured than my thoughts.

Your mercy has covered my life and saved me from the destruction that I hand-crafted. Your strength has sustained me in my most difficult heart breaking situations. Your fortitude and resilience concealed my vulnerability during my heart melting moments. Your power and soundness protected me in weakness. Your grace Lord, is sufficient for me and the children of the Nation: and your strength is made perfect in our weakness.

As a praying parent and community leader I pray for the souls of the children around this Nation. Girls are being raped, boys are being molested, fathers are leaving families, mothers are addicted, relationships are abruptly ending, sisters are rejected, neighbors are being murdered, brothers are trapped, family members are dying of preventable diseases, teen pregnancy is epidemic, and STDs are pandemic — all causing the souls of our children to melt, to cry out uncontrollably, to weep with sorrow, and to become emotional unstable. 

Father shield and protect my child (say child’s name) soul and the souls of children around this Nation. Provide then with strength and give them peace. Let the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, keep their hearts and minds stable through focusing on Christ Jesus. All children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of your children.

In Jesus' Name I pray...
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment