Monday, June 16, 2014

Godly Wisdom and Discernment

Who Can I Run To?

1 Kings 3:11-12

And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;


Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.


Heavenly Father, 

Lord I thank you for giving me the precious essential called wisdom. It has carried me and supported me by releasing understanding into my heart. Your wisdom has endorsed and validated me by allowing me to feed and nurture my children (say name of child) and other children around this Nation. As a praying parent I commit to seeking You, Lord, for the answers to my unresolved issues and concerns to come.

Great God, I pray that every praying parent and community leader set a clear and positive example of how seek and be awarded wisdom, understanding and discernment. I pray that we teach by example how to listen to your voice with the intent to obey and follow thru with the spirit of excellence. Let our children imitate us as we mimic you. 

I share my portion of wisdom, understanding, and discernment with my children and any other child that needs it, young or old. Any child left to himself brings his mother to shame; The rod and reproof give the child wisdom. For he that gets wisdom loves his own soul: he that keeps understanding shall find good.

In the name of Jesus, I tear down counterfeit walls of wisdom and understanding like personal egos, palm readers, pop culture magazines, fortune tellers, false prophets, reality tv, horoscopes, and psychics. I remove the debris of the demolition and replace it pillars of prayer, faith, love, wisdom, understanding, discernment, and joy. Allow these pillars to be the beginning foundation that our children can use to grow, understand, and learn.

In Jesus Name I pray…
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment